DRIVE 'n' PASS
Mikey's DRIVE 'n' PASS Terms & Conditions
Requirements & Expectancy
1. You must be of legal age to drive (17 years old) and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland Category B driving licence. If a photo card licence is held, then both card and counterpart must be produced. If an older paper licence is held then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification. For motorway, Pass Plus or refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
2. You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (approximately 4 car lengths). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
3. You must notify your instructor of any change to your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition (for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for any changes to your health which may affect your driving).
4. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic etc. lesson times may need to change or be cancelled. If cancelled by your instructor no fee will be charged.
5. You must NOT be under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the lesson. In the event of there being any signs of drug or alcohol miss-use, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle and you will be charged the full cost of the booked lesson. Any prescribed medication which may affect your driving should be declared to your instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
6. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA. Lessons will be required to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DVSA. The instructor cannot be held responsible if you fail because of the eye sight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle. There will be no charge and the cost of the driving test will be reimbursed.
7. There must be a mutual agreement between instructor and pupil when booking a suitable test time and date. If the instructor does not believe that the pupil is ready for the test and a level of driving has not been achieved then they have a professional duty of care to other road users and will not permit the use of their car for the test. DVSA guidelines do not allow pupils to take the test just for the experience.
8. You must abide by the Voluntary Code of Practice which has been agreed between DVSA and the main bodies representing Approved Driving Instructors (ADI).
9. A standard 21 days' notice policy for new pupils wishing to sit a driving test is in place. This is to allow sufficient time for the instructor to assess your overall driving standard before deciding if you are ready to sit the test. It also gives the appropriate timescale, if required, to postpone the test date without losing your test fee. THE INSTRUCTOR'S DECISION IS FINAL.
10. Lessons must be paid for in advance or at the time of the lesson.
11. In order to take advantage of discounted block rates, payment of the discounted price must be paid in full at the point of sale. Discounted offers will not be given if paid in bit-part payments.
12. Any monies that are in credit within your account and that has not been used for 3 (three) months starting from the date of your last lesson shall be non-refundable. (Unless notified by telephone, SMS or email within the 3 (three) month timeframe). Any refundable funds will be minus the standard rate of lessons.
13. Prices correct as of 1st December 2019. The instructor reserves the right to amend any special offers / block bookings at any time.
14. If you wish to cancel a lesson a minimum of 48 hours’ notice must be given. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation charge. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone, SMS or email but must be acknowledged by your instructor.
15. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not attend after ten minutes, your instructor will leave and you will be charged for the full cost of the lesson (unless notified by telephone, SMS or email within the ten minutes).